jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julián <CACER...@telefonica.net>
Subject Help for a new user
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:54:58 GMT
(sorry for my english)
I'm very new at java, javaEE,  web-development world, and, of course, jackrabbit environment.
I'm a student and I'm working in my degree project. An "easy" document management system.
I only need users to get their documents and to be able to search groups of words into them
(PDF, DOC, XLS ...) like a google search.
I've heard about jackrabbit's benefits, so I've decided to use it. (I suposse jackrabbit can
do those task ?)

I am developing an "easy" JSF application with Primefaces, Mysql... and now, I'm in the phase
when I have to manage the documents.
I've read the JSR 283 specification, and I undestand it more or less. My  problem is how to
begin.

I need someone to show me a simple example to create and access a repository. The repository
only have to work with my application in a tomcat server.
I've been looking for information on the Internet and I'm absolutely lost. Everyone say different
things. I haven't been able to find an "easy" example about I need.
In Jackrabbit's web, I've been reading about deployments models, stand-alone server,  Jackrabbit
Web application, Jackrabbit JCA Resource Adapter ...
Oh my god! Is it really so difficult what I want to do? I don't think so, perhaps I'm getting
older...

I only need:
1º when a client access the application for the first time, the repository will be created
in a specified path.
2º Clients will upload files, search for content, and download them.

I'm now in the first point. Can anyone help me?
I use the eclipse IDE and I don't use maven.
What "jars" must I include in my classpath?
what java instructions do I need to create and set up the repository? In the JSR specification,
they use the RepositoryFactory class. Is it the way to do it?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my ignorance.

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está
activa.