jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Help for a new user
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 17:09:04 GMT
Did you get the example from
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html  working?

You probably should get Eclipse working with Maven. That will get rid
of some of the headaches.

If you want a fast way to get up and running with Exclipse and Maven try
Eclipse STS. It is an Eclipse that comes out of the box with all the
plug-ins that you need to develop Java applications with Maven.
This get rid of the need to set up software on classpaths manually.

Once you have the first hop demo working, you should be able to make
your simple web app.
At least you will have specific log messages to talk about.

Ron

On 10/08/2014 7:54 AM, Julián wrote:
> (sorry for my english)
> I'm very new at java, javaEE,  web-development world, and, of course, jackrabbit environment.
> I'm a student and I'm working in my degree project. An "easy" document management system.
> I only need users to get their documents and to be able to search groups of words into
them (PDF, DOC, XLS ...) like a google search.
> I've heard about jackrabbit's benefits, so I've decided to use it. (I suposse jackrabbit
can do those task ?)

> I am developing an "easy" JSF application with Primefaces, Mysql... and now, I'm in the
phase when I have to manage the documents.
> I've read the JSR 283 specification, and I undestand it more or less. My  problem is
how to begin.

> I need someone to show me a simple example to create and access a repository. The repository
only have to work with my application in a tomcat server.
> I've been looking for information on the Internet and I'm absolutely lost. Everyone say
different things. I haven't been able to find an "easy" example about I need.
> In Jackrabbit's web, I've been reading about deployments models, stand-alone server,
 Jackrabbit Web application, Jackrabbit JCA Resource Adapter ...
> Oh my god! Is it really so difficult what I want to do? I don't think so, perhaps I'm
getting older...

> I only need:
> 1º when a client access the application for the first time, the repository will be created
in a specified path.
> 2º Clients will upload files, search for content, and download them.
>
> I'm now in the first point. Can anyone help me?
> I use the eclipse IDE and I don't use maven.
> What "jars" must I include in my classpath?
> what java instructions do I need to create and set up the repository? In the JSR specification,
they use the RepositoryFactory class. Is it the way to do it?

> Thanks a lot, and sorry for my ignorance.
>

> ---
> Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está
activa.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc