jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Question to clustering (and the wikipage for it)
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:58:31 GMT
Hi Jorg,

see my comments inline.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Jörg Hoh <jhoh228@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small question regarding to the wikipage
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering
>
> There is stated under "Requirements":
>
> "Each cluster node needs its own (private) workspace level and version
> FileSystem <http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/FileSystem> (only those
> within the workspace and versioning configuration; the ones in the
> repository.xml and workspace.xml file). "

I think this is only required if you want to use a filesystem (not
DBFilesystem) based persistence manager.

> What does "own (private) workspace level" mean? And does the requirement
> for a private version filesystem mean, that versions cannot be shared
> globally in a cluster?

No they can be just fine by using a DB based filesystem.

> I want to setup a number of JR instances ontop of a database and I plan to
> have everything (besides the indexes) in the database.

that is perfectly possible. We run this exact setup when running Hippo CMS
in a clustered setup.

--
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://about.me/jeroenreijn