jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Oak] Explain query command explanation
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 07:14:13 GMT
Hi,

>   /* Filter(  --> I see this quite a bit actually

This contains all the filter conditions for the given selector. It doesn't
mean an index will actually use all conditions in the filter; it's just
all conditions that are available.

>... Ive never seen /* ordered (even on ordered indices)

OK, I think we need to fix this in the ordered index implementation. It's
confusing if the ordered index says it's a property index, even if
internally the ordered index re-uses a part of the property index
implementation.

>Wrt to Filter( .. does this mean is will use MULTIPLE indexes?

No. I think there is some misunderstanding.

>Or can it
>also result in a traversal query?

I'm not sure what you mean. The query plan tells you which index is used.
There is one index used per selector. Traversal is an index (the traversal

> Or a "mix" (get initial filter by
>property index and then "traverse" that result set checking for specific
>properties/attributes)

The query engine processes the results returned from the index, entry by
entry. First the query engine will do access rights checks (because the
index doesn't), and verifies all conditions of the query (because the
query engine doesn't know what the index already checked; except for
full-text conditions, where it trusts the full-text index). The traversal
index is not used for that however.

Regards,
Thomas