jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frizz <frizzthe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Repository is started up and shut down in every call
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:58:16 GMT
Confused ... now I have two more questions :-)

(1) When I look at RepositoryFactoryImpl.java I can seen that, in case
REPOSITORY_HOME is set in the Map passed to getRepository(cfgMap), it
ALWAYS results in a TransientRepository. What's the idea behind that?

(2) At the moment I do the following (which results in a
TransientRepository):

cfgMap.put(RepositoryFactoryImpl.REPOSITORY_CONF, configLocation);
cfgMap.put(RepositoryFactoryImpl.REPOSITORY_HOME, repositoryLocation);

RepositoryFactory repositoryFactory = new RepositoryFactoryImpl();
repository = repositoryFactory.getRepository(cfgMap);

I thought when I do this I set config file and repository directory
correctly, no?

So are you saying that I have to do the following instead to get a
non-TransientRepository?

RepositoryConfig config = RepositoryConfig.create(xml, dir);
Repository repository = RepositoryImpl.create(config)
(where "xml" (File) = configuration file and "dir" (File) = repository home
directory)