jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Oak Description
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:23:45 GMT
 From http://jackrabbit.apache.org/welcome-to-apache-jackrabbit.html is
is not clear about what Jackrabbit Oak is or where you can find more
information.

I was able to find the following in the Oak release notes

Jackrabbit Oak is a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class
web sites and other demanding content applications.

This description appears in the Jackrabbit release notes

This is Apache Jackrabbit(TM) 2.6, a fully compliant implementation of the
Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as
specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).

There does not seem to be very much information about what the
difference is or why one should pick one product rather than the other.
We are using Jackrabbit and it works really well but the description of
Oak for "modern world-class web sites and other demanding content
applications " sounds pretty attractive.

Does Oak not follow any standard?
Is it true that Jackrabbit is not useful for " modern world-class web
sites and other demanding content applications ", as that was left out
of its description?

Are there missing menu items or links in the web site?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President