jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dube, Shreyas" <sd...@akamai.com>
Subject Persisting SearchIndex to database
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:02:04 GMT
Hello,

Background: I’m evaluating JCR/Jackrabbit as a layer of abstraction for persistence over
Oracle. We are using Tomcat6 as the application server. We usually have 4 – 8 Tomcat’s
clustered up in the production environment. I have configured all <FileSystem> and <PersistenceManager>
stanzas to point to Oracle (well, I’m using MySQL now, but that’ll change). I have NOT
set up clustering in Jackrabbit yet and that is something I want to look at once I figure
<SearchIndex> out. This is my <SearchIndex> configuration for a <Workspace>

        <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
            <param name="extractorPoolSize" value="2"/>
            <param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
        </SearchIndex>

This <SearchIndex> configuration ends up creating a bunch of files under ${wsp.home}/index
under the repository home and the workspace home directory.
Questions:

 1.  What are these files storing? I’m assuming it is the search index.
 2.  Given that we have a clustered Tomcat setup, would it be possible to persist the search
index to the database?
 3.  If 2 is not possible, are there other search providers that would work in a clustered
environment?
 4.  Would turning on Jackrabbit clustering sync search indexes across all nodes? When are
search indexes updated in a clustered environment?

Thanks,
Shreyas