jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Scheidegger <willscheideg...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Is OCM a Dead Project?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:19:26 GMT
Hi Peter

Interest in OCM has not been very high. We have written a module for the Magnolia CMS to make
use of OCM and therefore would also like to see OCM live. But I have not heard of too many
others using it.

So, I cannot tell you anything about the status of OCM other than letting you know that we're
using it as well.

-will

On 23.04.2014, at 05:56, Peter Harrison <peter.harrison@team.orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> A number of months ago I attempted to contribute some code that provided a way to map
a List to the properties of a single Node to the ORM project. This only works for arrays of
primitives of course, but was quite useful to me, and others I noted were asking for similar
functionality.

> I have tried to follow the process of issue tracker submission and attaching my code
but I note that the OCM project has had no commits whatsoever since... well as long as I have
been watching since at least September last year.

> I'm using Jackrabbit in anger (aka - not just playing, we are doing serious projects)
but I am concerned that the code base of OCM has been abandoned. This doesn't bode well for
the rest of the codebase. I'm happy to contribute and help, but there has been no replies
to my queries about progress on commiting my contributions.

> Perhaps my code is junk or I'm taking the wrong approach, or there is a better way, but
I'm not really getting the impression I'm welcome. I realise people are busy, but this is
wasting the opportunity to involve experienced developers who are keen to help. I'm not beating
up on anyone - I just would like to get more involved in this great project.