jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@team.orcon.net.nz>
Subject Is ORM a Dead Project?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 03:56:43 GMT
A number of months ago I attempted to contribute some code that provided
a way to map a List to the properties of a single Node to the ORM
project. This only works for arrays of primitives of course, but was
quite useful to me, and others I noted were asking for similar
functionality.

I have tried to follow the process of issue tracker submission and
attaching my code but I note that the OCM project has had no commits
whatsoever since... well as long as I have been watching since at least
September last year.

I'm using Jackrabbit in anger (aka - not just playing, we are doing
serious projects) but I am concerned that the code base of OCM has been
abandoned. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the codebase. I'm
happy to contribute and help, but there has been no replies to my
queries about progress on commiting my contributions.

Perhaps my code is junk or I'm taking the wrong approach, or there is a
better way, but I'm not really getting the impression I'm welcome. I
realise people are busy, but this is wasting the opportunity to involve
experienced developers who are keen to help. I'm not beating up on
anyone - I just would like to get more involved in this great project.

Thanks,
Peter