jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Wilson" <wils...@dtsemaui.com>
Subject The Jackrabbit JCA
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:39:20 GMT
I have tried to set up Jackrabbit Resource Adapter and seem to have reached
a dead-end. I have a post here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23186713/jackrabbit-jca-credentials-conf
usion>  describing (some of) my attempts. I wonder if the resource adapter
works at all, or ever did. It seems as if the documentation has been broken,
albeit in a strange way, with respect  to this, on purpose. Why I do not
know, but I do believe that ir would be difficult to garf up their
documentation, in this specific area, by accident. There is evidence of a
move to use JAAS for the resource adapter, though as nearly everyone who
comments on Jackrabbit says, documentation is hard to come by.

I had hoped to use the JCR for a tag based document store, running in the
same JVM as my application server. At this point however, I am about to
abandon it. I don't know if it is just the JCA, or the entire project, that
ultimately amounts to so little. The project seems to be working on new
things. If I could, I would ask them, "Why?". No one, at least certainly not
I, will be interested in using their stuff when the condition of the
projects in their wake is so deplorable. I am to that point that I don't
really care what reasons there are, and am about to move on to a different
design.

I wish that I had an email address for someone who was somebody at Apache. I
would ask them why they have such broken cr*p for a project. And why they
continue to publish it with every revision of the documentation since
version 2.0 full of broken links and missing inserts.

Day's concept is/was brilliant. I wish that I could say the same for
Jackrabbit.