jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <robert.munte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to a remote repository
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:59:13 GMT
On Mar 11, 2014 9:47 PM, "Peter Harrison" <peter.harrison@team.orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

> I'm having huge trouble connecting to a remote JackRabbit instance.
>
> In development I have been deploying to the same Tomcat instance and
using a localhost URL to connect, aka:
> http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.6.5/rmi
> I can use JackRabbitExplorer to log into this URL on the local system
with not trouble at all.

> However, if I use a URL to another machine set up in an identical way,
aka:
> http://testserver.com:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.6.5/rmi
>
> Then I get:
> "There was an error logging in:
com.priocept.jcr.client.SerializedException: java.rmi.ConnectException:
Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

This is a RMI issue. Make sure that the host name of the machine running
Jackrabbit resolves to an IP which is accessible from other machines.

On Linux machines this would be done by editing /etc/hosts

Robert

> Now, if you set up JackRabbitExplorer on the remote machine and use the
first 'localhost' URL it will connect.

> It looks like the call to the URL is providing the client with details of
an RMI server and port, but the server is 'localhost' - and so it fails. I
think.

> I certainly do not want to have my Jackrabbit tomcat instances also
running my tomcat application. I need to be able to connect to a remote
Jackrabbit instance.