jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@team.orcon.net.nz>
Subject Connecting to a remote repository
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:34:12 GMT
I'm having huge trouble connecting to a remote JackRabbit instance.

In development I have been deploying to the same Tomcat instance and
using a localhost URL to connect, aka:
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.6.5/rmi
I can use JackRabbitExplorer to log into this URL on the local system
with not trouble at all.

However, if I use a URL to another machine set up in an identical way, aka:
http://testserver.com:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.6.5/rmi

Then I get:
"There was an error logging in:
com.priocept.jcr.client.SerializedException: java.rmi.ConnectException:
Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

Now, if you set up JackRabbitExplorer on the remote machine and use the
first 'localhost' URL it will connect.

It looks like the call to the URL is providing the client with details
of an RMI server and port, but the server is 'localhost' - and so it
fails. I think.

I certainly do not want to have my Jackrabbit tomcat instances also
running my tomcat application. I need to be able to connect to a remote
Jackrabbit instance.

I have also tried using Webdavex, using the /server URL, but this is
even less successful.

How do others connect to a remote JackRabbit repository?