jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Problems with jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.5
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:21:04 GMT

On 26 Feb 2014, at 11:10, Antonio Fallucchi <af@ideato.it> wrote:

> Hi
> i use jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.5 by little, i have 2 question in
> particular:
> 1) is possible to disable or compress access.log file?

don’t know from the top of my head, but I would setup some log rotation. Have a look at
the Jetty documentation for how to configure separate log files per hour/day and then use
log rotate.

> 2) i need to do hot backup of repository of about 2 GB. I had try to export
> the xml, but import them is very slow. There are other solution?

When using XML store, I guess you can do some file system level snapshot to ensure atomicity.
Using an RDBMS is likely easier. Using MySQL one can just hook up a slave for backup. For
InnoDB there is also a hotbackup tool . Other RDBMS provide similar tools.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

View raw message