jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Poulsen" <chris.poul...@dezide.com>
Subject Re: AW: Trouble removing version in transaction
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:02:51 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes, I'm aware that session behaves differently in transactions ;-) The
reason for my mail is that the behavior I'm seeing currently; does not
match my expectations.

I would expect that VersionHistory.removeVersion changes are reflected
immediately in my session (in current TX) - And they seem to be, to some
extent.

If i examine the version history right after removing old versions they
are not there anymore (in same TX), but the
node.getWeakReferences(<property-name>) call still returns the properties
 from the "removed versions".

The node.getWeakReferences() (no arg version) throws an "item not found"
exception, indicating that it may actually have a slightly more correct
picture of the data in the session/TX.

I would at least expect both the Node.getWeakReferences methods to behave
in the same way (currently one throws exception while the other returns
references to nodes in removed versions). - And I really hope that
VersionHistory.removeVersion changes in a TX also are reflected
immediately/consistently.

I'll start working on a test case, its not the most trivial setup with XA
transactions etc. but I really hope that this is a bug and it will/can be
fixed.

--
Chris