jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Hoh <jhoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject [JCR2.x] JMX and timeseries entries
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 05:47:38 GMT

I have a question to the reasoning behind the timeseries entries available
in Jackrabbit for a number of relevant operational parameters, which are
suitable to monitor.

Basically I don't see a reason, why you would have time entries instead of
just a single ever-increasing value. Any monitoring system is capable to
handle these and calculate the delta between the current value and the last
one. Even the most simple RRD tool can do that.

I don't see a real good usecase to have timeseries entries and would like
to have the raw data (as 64bit longs) as I am much more flexible then.

Jörg Hoh