jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit & Performance
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:34:59 GMT

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Enrique Medina Montenegro
<e.medina.m@gmail.com> wrote:
>...at the practical level,
> when I dump the 1M marks from the DB into JCR, for each an every "mark" it
> has to lookup the path in the tree where to ultimately store the "mark",
> and this lookup starts to take orders of seconds as the tree structure
> grows, making the full extraction process from the DB too slow for our
> requirements....

If import according to the following scenario the performance should be linear:

for each DB record
  compute path of JCR node
  for each level of that path (below storage root)
    create node if not created yet
    set properties if on the data node at the end of the path

and you probably want to call Session.save() every N records (N=1000 maybe)

View raw message