jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tarun Dogra <Tarun.Do...@orioncro.com>
Subject Jackrabbits reliability and performance
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:40:43 GMT
Respected Sir/Madam,

In the next couple of months, we (ORION Clinical Services Ltd., UK) are about to release a
clinical trial management system as a product to be used in-house by all our employees. We
have bought this product off the shelf from a third party vendor. As suggested by our vendor,
we would implement JackRabbit as the central repository system within this main product. But
we are still not sure whether jackrabbit is an ideal solution to be integrated with our product
and this is where we will need your help and would appreciate if you could share your expertise.

Just to give you an overview of our organisation, we will have around 7500 documents (each
of size 250K approximately on an average) per "study" within our clinical trial management
framework. We usually take on board  around 7-8 such studies per year. So, on the basis of
8 studies per year, the total size of all the documents will grow to 7500 x 250 x 8 = 15GB
approximately per year. So just wanted to know a couple of things from you:

1.       Is Jackrabbit reliable enough as a system to cater to our above mentioned needs?
and

2.       Will the management of so many documents have any adverse effects on jackrabbit's
performance? - considering that Jackrabbit will reside on one of our own hosted server with
the following spec -

Poweredge R710

CPU: 2 x Intel X5550

Memory: 16GB

Operating System: Windows 2008 R2 64bit SP1

Disk capacity: C: 142gb and D: 1.22Tb

Sorry if you are not the correct department to consult to in regards to our above mentioned
concern and if this is the case, it will be much appreciated if you could direct us to the
right department/person? Many thanks.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Tarun

________________________________
**********************************Legal & Confidentiality Notice**************************************
This email and attachments hereto are strictly private and confidential. Reading, copying,
disclosure or use by anybody else is not authorised. If you have received this email in error,
please delete it and notify us as soon as possible.
The antivirus software used by ORION is automatically and constantly updated in an effort
to minimise the risk of viruses infecting our systems, However, you should be aware that there
is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this email are virus free.
ORION may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security
and staff training.
ORION Clinical Services Limited is a private limited company registered in England. Company
number 3457136. Registered address: 7 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UA. ORION Clinical
Services Limited is the parent company of a number of subsidiary companies. For further details
please visit our website at www.orioncro.com