jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nilay Parmar <nil...@cybage.com>
Subject Standalone JR takes long time to create indexes from Scratch
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:57:39 GMT
Hi All,

We have a client which is UK based legal firm. According to their business requirement, they
need have very large set of documents to manage and it keeps increasing. To manage those documents,
we use Apache Jackrabbit.

Now, as a part of project maintenance and performance improvement, we recommended to upgrade
the jackrabbit from 2.2.7 to 2.6.0. Jackrabbit upgrade is successful but they still use old
indexes generated from version 2.2.7.

Datastore size is approx 700GB.
The problem is, jackrabbit takes 7-8 days to complete indexing process. Until indexing process
finished, we cannot use it. In the production, we cannot afford to shutdown the production
for those many days.
I have enabled the debug level logs in jackrabbit and observed lot of occurrences of following
entries in log file.

-          DEBUG [WrapperSimpleAppMain] AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:765 Loading
bundle e7abce77-578e-461a-8b9d-59ee4dfe5480

-          DEBUG [WrapperSimpleAppMain] SessionState.java:213 Performing item.getPath()

-          DEBUG [WrapperSimpleAppMain] SessionState.java:229 Performed item.getPath() in
63696us

-          DEBUG [1562158685@qtp-875788435-2] SessionState.java:213 Performing node.getName()

-          DEBUG [1562158685@qtp-875788435-2] SessionState.java:229 Performed node.getName()
in 20114us

-          DEBUG [1562158685@qtp-875788435-2] SessionState.java:213 Performing node.getProperty({internal}principalName)

-          DEBUG [1562158685@qtp-875788435-2] SessionState.java:229 Performed node.getProperty({internal}principalName)
in 39112us

Please suggest, what all these activities are? What is the purpose of these activities? What,
if we skip such activities? How to skip these?

Thanks and regards,
Nilay

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com