jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Datenheld <Datenh...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Select jcr:path in JCR SQL2
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:46:40 GMT
Just for documentation purposes (as no one seems to care on this list).

Maybe some day this will help someone who searches for a problem like
this via google.

As stated before you cannot query [jcr:path] via JCR SQL2 with
Jackrabbit 2.6.4 if you use a JOIN. You have to fetch if separately then
for each row, which means another roundtrip.

I ended up creating a custom mixin with all the properties I need. I
added this mixin to all my nodes and just use queries that return a
[jcr:path] (that means queries which do not join but rather have a
[jcr:primaryType] in the where clause.

This way I could improve my performance by a huge(!) factor: 20 seconds
with NodeIterator for maybe 50 nodes, now a few microseconds, it seems
like it's local.

For Fulltextsearch I used xpath, because, as stated before, I couldn't
join in JCR SQL2 without losing the jcr:path. Who cares if its
deprecated. Who cares if it's the right way to do it. It's fast via
Davex and that's all my users and me care about.

HTH someone some day.