jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Datenheld <Datenh...@gmx.de>
Subject getRootNode() of Workspace
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:42:39 GMT
Hi,

I've been using Jackrabbit in a tomcat setup for several days and now I
have a few questions. It'd be really kind if anyone would answer those
questions because I am stuck (especially on the first question) and it
is mission critical for me.

As stated before, I use Jackrabbit on Tomcat6 via Davex from a Java
Swing-Client. Everything works nicely, but I need two different workspaces.

1.) RootNode of workspace
Whenever I do not use the default workspace, which means I specify an
endpoint of a workspace when I connect to the Repository via JcrUtil, it
logs me in, but getRootNode() always throws an exception:

Unable to retrieve NodeInfo for
http://myhost/jackrabbit/server/workspaceName/workspaceName/jcr%3aroot/

As you can see, workspaceName appears then twice in the path, which is
wrong. When I omit the workspace for the connection, it works, but I
will just have access to the default workspace and nothing else.

My question here is:
Is this a bug? How can I use a workspace and get its root node in java?
I've tried some variations and many, many things, but all have failed. I
also fail to see anything in the API that lets me choose a workspace
(rather than getCorrespondingNodePath, which doesn't work because I am
not authenticated against the workspace that I want to access then).

2.) Excerpt via Davex
Is there currently any way to get an excerpt of node contents via davex?
I have tried many things in vain. I know there's an open bug for it, but
maybe someone has got a solution.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Datenheld