jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Select jcr:path in JCR SQL2
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:32:19 GMT

On Nov 19, 2013, at 19:15 , Datenheld <Datenheld@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> first of all - thank you for the reply.
>
> There must be some sort of Davex limitation because Row.getPath() does trigger another
roundtrip for the query I mentioned (JR 2.6.4 libraries, although I fetched some jars from
maven repositories). That means 50 rows, 50 roundtrips.

> When operating with NodeIterator I had a roundtrip for every property fetch and every
iteration. That made 300 requests easily and slowed things down quite a lot.

> I can only advise everyone to not use NodeIterator via Davex. Since I switched to querying
only the properties I need with JCR SQL and XPATH, my code became much cleaner. All those
nasty exceptions suddently needn't be handled anymore. Overall I think, it made the system
more robust and fault tolerant.

> But my system is working now and I am happy with Jackrabbit, although everything was
quite a fight, from the tomcat setup to my naive understanding of davex remoting. :-)

> I have uploaded roughly 2GB of content (production size for me) and it's really, really
fast. Works like a charm.

Do note that fetching properties does not work properly for multi valued properties.

In Jackalope (PHPCR connector for Jackarabbit) we do read the paths from the results and then
use the method in 2.4 to fetch multiple nodes at once. if you can figure out a bit of PHP:
https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope-jackrabbit/blob/master/src/Jackalope/Transport/Jackrabbit/Client.php#L484

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
smith@pooteeweet.org