jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Group membership and Privileges
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:25:05 GMT
hi anjan

sorry... you lost me :-)

do you mean the result of AccessControlManager#hasPrivileges
when you refer to 'effective privileges'? if that's the case,
yes that method is intended to take the effective permissions
for the editing session into account which also includes
inherited permissions (by group membership or or by hierarchy).

but please not that only persisted ac content is evaluated.
any transient changes pending on that session do not take effect.

kind regards
angela