jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit-standalone not indexing fulltext files
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:20:02 GMT
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but jackrabbit out of the box is
not indexing full text files. It is happening with 2.6.3, 2.7.1 and git
2.8-SNAPSHOT

To reproduce it:
* download jackrabbit-standalone
* To create a fresh repository:
sgala@axolotl:/tmp$ cd test
sgala@axolotl:/tmp/test$ java -jar
~/Downloads/jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.3.jar -d
Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit!
-------------------------------
Using repository directory jackrabbit
Writing log messages to jackrabbit/log
Starting the server...
Apache Jackrabbit is now running at http://localhost:8080/

In a separate window:
sgala@axolotl:~/Code/jackrabbit$ java -jar
 ~/Downloads/jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.3.jar -i http://localhost:8080/server

WARN Required credentials not available for BASIC <any realm>@localhost:8080
WARN Preemptive authentication requested but no default credentials
available
WARN Required credentials not available for BASIC <any realm>@localhost:8080
WARN Preemptive authentication requested but no default credentials
available
WARN Required credentials not available for BASIC <any realm>@localhost:8080
WARN Preemptive authentication requested but no default credentials
available
WARN Required credentials not available for BASIC <any realm>@localhost:8080
WARN Preemptive authentication requested but no default credentials
available
[/] > logout
elapsed time: 2 ms.
[not logged in] > login admin
Password:
elapsed time: 1527 ms.
[/] > importfilesystem README.txt
elapsed time: 79 ms.
[/*] > importfilesystem RELEASE-NOTES.txt
elapsed time: 21 ms.
[/*] > save
elapsed time: 121 ms.
[/] > quit
Good bye...

Now, for instance, http://localhost:8080/search.jsp?q=text finds both files
by mimeType, but not a single word in the document. I have tried a number
of things to fix it, to no avail. I have literally spent hours googling and
finding solutions that seem to be for jackrabbit 1 or that simply don't
work. Any clue how to make jackrabbit index the contents?

TIA
Santiago