jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using the webDAV component
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:35:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Christoph Läubrich
<laeubi@googlemail.com>wrote:

> > "stable" and "working with every client" are two very different things.
> You are right, sorry for using inadequate wording :-)
>

> > Out of curiosity: what was the problem that  you encountered?
>
> I wasn't able to mount the WebDav neither under Linux nor Windows
> releiable (while "other" WebDavs like Apache worked) sometimes it worked
> for one of them (I think I finally got it working under Windows using
> Sling, but not JackRabbit Standalone) , in a Webbrowser it worked but all
> file nodes where not accessible as files (there was a posting in the
> newsgroup as well).

Under linux I have experienced serious problems with the gvfs gnome
component. I remember mounting jackrabbit some years ago, so either a
ubuntu or jackrabbit regression is at work.  I was able to mount jackrabbit
using davfs2, but it downloads the whole file on any access (GET /file
without any range request is what I see on the wire), placing a big strain
on the network  and the client and tremendous latency when one manipulates
a number of 1GB files, which is my use case.

Regards
Santiago