jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration from Jackrabbit 2.4.2 to 2.6.4
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:37:09 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM, tessa <tm.lustig@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning to migrate a runnning jackrabbit installion based on Version
> 2.4.2 to the latest Stable Version 2.6.4.
> Are there any advices you could give me concerning this?
> Could there be any problems with consistency when the new 2.6.4 version
> comes up on the old repository?
> Do I have to do some extra tasks by hand?

In general there should be no extra manual steps required for the
upgrade. Simply stop the repository, make a full backup (as per
standard procedure), update the Jackrabbit jars (and relevant
dependencies), and start the repository.

Jackrabbit should be fully compatible with old repository data and we
have a set of integration tests to verify this for a number of
configurations, so I wouldn't expect any problems. If something comes
up (like the index update reqiurement mentioned by Marek), please file
a bug report about the issue.

There should be no need to rebuild the search index unless you want to
take advantage of some of the index format optimizations in the more
recent Lucene version.

BR,

Jukka Zitting