jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query using "order by @jcr:score" returns size == -1 after upgrading 2.6.1 -> 2.6.3
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 03:07:33 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> IIRC, the #getSize() method worked a bit different Jukka.

IIUC Torgeir was referring to the getTotalSize() method which is
designed to return the total number of results that would have been
returned if the query had no limit on it. See JCR-1073/JCR-3474.

> (and since we integrated authorization into the queries we have cheap
> correct total counts)

Nice! :-)

> Any way, imo it has always been quite confusing, but changing the
> confusing behavior in a micro version doesn't help.

This was a bit of a borderline case (see comments in JCR-3402), and it
is indeed debatable whether it was a right call to include the change
in a patch release. The fact that the change plugged a potential
security issue weighed in my decision to include it.

If the change is causing trouble, let's file a followup issue and see
what should be done to make the behavior more backwards-compatible
without compromising security.

BR,

Jukka Zitting