jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: query using "order by @jcr:score" returns size == -1 after upgrading 2.6.1 -> 2.6.3
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:34:46 GMT
Hey Jukka,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Ard Schrijvers
> <a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
>> IIRC, the #getSize() method worked a bit different Jukka.
>
> IIUC Torgeir was referring to the getTotalSize() method which is

Yes he was. I am sorry about the noice : for the getTotalSize method I
fully agree with your reasoning

> designed to return the total number of results that would have been
> returned if the query had no limit on it. See JCR-1073/JCR-3474.
>
>> (and since we integrated authorization into the queries we have cheap
>> correct total counts)
>
> Nice! :-)

Of course it was only possible if we put constraints on our
authorization model  : It is based on properties of nodes solely to be
able to efficiently translate it to lucene queries. See [1] in case
you're interested

>> Any way, imo it has always been quite confusing, but changing the
>> confusing behavior in a micro version doesn't help.
>
> This was a bit of a borderline case (see comments in JCR-3402), and it
> is indeed debatable whether it was a right call to include the change
> in a patch release. The fact that the change plugged a potential
> security issue weighed in my decision to include it.
>
> If the change is causing trouble, let's file a followup issue and see
> what should be done to make the behavior more backwards-compatible
> without compromising security.

It is not causing trouble, as I overlooked the getTotalSize method and
thought it was about getSize. Thanks for your feedback Jukka

Regards Ard

[1] http://www.onehippo.com/en/resources/blogs/2013/01/cms-7.8-nailed-down-authorization-combined-with-searches.html

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com