jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject jackrabbit consulting?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:10:41 GMT
Aloha,

Jackalope has been released as 1.0. Jackalope is the reference implementation of PHPCR, which
essentially ports JCR to the PHP world. More over Jackalope integrates with Jackrabbit (along
with a pure PHP implementation that uses SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL for persistence):
https://blog.liip.ch/archive/2013/10/11/content-storage-done-right.html

At any rate, this is leading to many PHP developers starting to play with Jackrabbit, some
of whom are doing fairly big projects with this setup. The Jackalope team tries to advise
them as best as we can to get optimal performance. The Jackrabbit wiki does contain a few
hints and we have collected a few on our side as well https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/wiki/_pages.
I realize that the big users (AdobeCQ, Magnolia, HippoCMS) maintain their own documentation,
which each also contain some performance and configuration tips.

Somehow this situation is less than ideal.

What also seems to be hard to come by are people who can do Jackrabbit consulting, ie. that
can help analyze performance issues and give tips for how to improve. Users coming from the
PHP side can likely already benefit from someone with experience in configuring and debugging
the JVM in general and I guess people able to do that should be findable. However even then
some more Jackrabbit know how would be useful. Maybe it would be good to at least have an
index of companies or freelancers in the wiki for this?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
smith@pooteeweet.org