jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Evaluating jackrabbit use for media content
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 07:33:33 GMT
Hi,

> So I guess there are at least three components involved:
>
> * The backend JCR repository
> * The webdav access to it via jetty
> * The client library in my program side.
>
> I was thinking that webdav would enable some kind of seekable access,
> but I think one of those components is breaking the chain. I don't
> understand how is one supposed to get seekable access when the repository
> is accessed via network.

you are using the built-in WebDAV support of Jackrabbit. I don't know
the implementation that well, but it may well be that it doesn't support
the seekable access you need.

> I'm not sure if it is a bug or just that I'm not using the typical setup...

if the WebDAV functionality provided by Jackrabbit does not fit your
needs, you could deploy your own web application with Jackrabbit and
add a servlet, which supports range requests. or better yet, if it is
indeed missing functionality in Jackrabbit WebDAV, propose a patch :)

regards
 marcel