jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Evaluating jackrabbit use for media content
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:51:15 GMT
On 22.10.2013, at 08:31, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>wrote:
>
>> Well, if this (Range request support) is indeed missing, we really really
>> should add it.
>
> Adding support for single range requests for GET (i.e., requests without a
> comma in the Range: Header) seems easy enough. This is what openstack
> storage/swift object storage supports (one of the alternatives to
> JCR/jackrabbit or modeshape we are considering).

Apache Sling supports range requests with JCR underneath via it's default GET servlet [0].
(And yes, WebDAV is supported as well, but in most cases people don't actually need WebDAV
but simply full HTTP GET etc. support on top of JCR, which is what Sling provides out of the
box).

[0] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/servlets/get/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/servlets/get/impl/helpers/StreamRendererServlet.java

Cheers,
Alex