jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: using the webDAV component
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:19:51 GMT
On 2013-10-15 15:50, Christoph Läubrich wrote:
>  > "stable" and "working with every client" are two very different things.
> You are right, sorry for using inadequate wording :-)
>
>  > Out of curiosity: what was the problem that  you encountered?
>
> I wasn't able to mount the WebDav neither under Linux nor Windows
> releiable (while "other" WebDavs like Apache worked) sometimes it worked
> for one of them (I think I finally got it working under Windows using
> Sling, but not JackRabbit Standalone) , in a Webbrowser it worked but
> all file nodes where not accessible as files (there was a posting in the
> newsgroup as well).

Well, it can be a problem of the client; I recall that the Windows
WebDAV driver makes incorrect assumptions about servers, and there's
little Jackrabbit can do about that
(<http://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html#issue-server-discovery>).

And when you say "Webbrowser" -- what does this have to do with WebDAV?

Best regards, Julian