jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Läubrich <lae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: using the webDAV component
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:03:08 GMT
Last time I tried using WebDav it was not very stable (e.g. not working
with every client) and it was not that easy to set it up "from scratch"
with an existing repro/installation.
So I would recommend you first try the RMI aproach and the decide if the
performance is enough for you (I think the objectexplorer uses RMI and
that worked out-of-the-box).

Am 11.10.2013 19:14, schrieb Jon Svede:
> Hi,
>
> Our Jackrabbit app is using a repo that runs within our application. We load our repository.xml
in our code to create access. Lately, I've been looking for some tools to help explore our
content and all of them talk about being able to use webDAV or RMI. The docs talk about RMI
not being very performant, so I guess I'd like to set up the webDAV.

> How do I setup a webDAV repo with the one I already have? Can I deploy the webDAV war
file and point it to our repo? There don't seem to be any docs I can use (but if there are
please forward the links). The docs that exist on the Jackrabbit site are somewhat vague (at
least to me).