jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write performance
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:15:39 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.com> wrote:
>> Most of the time is used for inserts and commits.
>
> How often do you call save() during such an operation? By reducing the
> number of save() calls (ideally to one save per dataset), and thus
> lower-level commits, you should be able to boost performance quite a
> bit.

If that doesn't help, take a look at
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/trunk/oak-run/README.md
where we've documented how to create and run simple performance
benchmarks against both Jackrabbit 2.x and Oak. If you can simplify
your use case to such a benchmark, it'll be much easier for us to
figure out what the bottleneck is and how it could be avoided.

BR,

Jukka Zitting