jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <rob...@lmn.ro>
Subject Re: [filevault] Serializing nodes to XML
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:13:06 GMT
Hi Toby,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> the serialization depends on the artifacts of the aggregate. Generic
> nodes are represented in SerializerArtifacts, which use the
> DocViewSerializer which use the DocViewSAXFormatter. So
> DocViewSAXFormatter is probably what you're looking for. Note, there
> is also a customized XMLSerializer that is used to sort the XML
> attributes and enforce constant indentation.

OK, I started following down that path. It seems to be that in order
to get a usable DocViewSAXFormatter I need to start with a
VaultFileSystem, and then look up the aggregate based on the path I
want to serialize. Is that correct? I'd be happy if there was a
simpler way, but I don't see it right now.

> Note that the filevault architecture is very abstracted. the idea once
> was to have a transparent FS layer on top of a JCR repository that
> also could be accessed via any other (virtual) filesystem like webdav.
>
> In the meantime, I believe we should add a much simpler approach that
> is less complicated and more robust and especially forget about the
> svn-like operations like vlt ci, vlt co, vlt diff, vlt st.

+1, would be very good. Some vault operations are easily pluggable
into Eclipse, but others like the XML serialization do take a bit to
tweaking.

Thanks,

Robert

--