jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Scholz <rd-d...@gmx.net>
Subject Upload of large files via Windows mapped webdav share does not work
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:47:38 GMT
Hello,

at the moment I am evaluating Jackrabbit for my company. So far it looks
promising. I'm writing this mail because there's one thing that does not work
at the moment.

JR is running on Jboss 7.2.0 using the JCA distribution. I use the
SimpleWebdavServlet and more or less the configuration from the standalone
distribution. If I mount the repository via webdav as a shared device in
Windows 7 nearly everything works as expected. After patching the Windows
registry to allow large files via webdav I can even download large files.

Only if I want to upload large files (> ~50 MB) an error occurs - small files
are no problem. Windows shows an error message that the source file is not
accessible. The JR log shows a message that tells me:

"Error while importing resource: java.io.IOException: Cannot refresh a new
item: item.refresh(false)"

... and the upload fails.

Because the use of the webdav mapping is an important feature we need for our
application I hope there's a solution for this problem.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Dieter