jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vikram Vaswani <vikram.vasw...@loudcloudsystems.com>
Subject JCR/MySQL backup performance
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 04:22:21 GMT
Hi all

We are using Jackrabbit + MySQL as the data store. The current size of the JCR database is
~25 GB and we've seen that our application adds ~1GB of new data daily. We're using InnoDB
as the table storage engine.

We have a daily backup process for the database. We've seen that this daily backup takes ~5
hrs to complete. We've been unable to identify why it takes so long and are concerned that
backup time will continue to increase as the size of the database grows.

Would others on this list be able to help diagnose this issue or suggest how we could improve
the backup performance?

TIA,

Vikram

________________________________
This email may contain proprietary, privileged and confidential information and is sent for
the intended recipient(s) only. If, by an addressing or transmission error, this mail has
been misdirected to you, you are requested to notify us immediately by return email message
and delete this email and its attachments. You are also hereby notified that any use, any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this email message, contents or its attachment(s) other than by its intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and may not necessarily represent those of LoudCloud Systems. Before opening attachment(s),
please scan for viruses. It is further notified that email transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any error or omission in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email
transmission. LoudCloud Systems Inc. and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage
caused by this email or any attachments and may monitor email traffic.