jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Saxtoft <Thomas.Saxt...@excitor.com>
Subject Slow performance on parsing stream
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 07:22:11 GMT
In our current setup we are calling DavMethodBase. getResponseException() and the call takes
around 20 secs to terminate. I have debugged the code and found the DomUtil.parseDocument
makes a call to a DocumentBuilder.parse() which is the one that takes that long to execute.
I have been playing around a little bit and found that when creating the BUILDER_FACTORY,
if I set namespaceAware to false (this is the default) and also set the feature http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd
to false then the calls returns in ms.

Is this a possible bug, or should I be doing things differently?

Best regards,
Thomas Saxtoft | Developer
[cid:image001.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010]

EXCITOR  A/S
Spotorno Allé 12 | 2630 Taastrup | Denmark
P: +45 70 21 68 00 | M: +45 24 66 90 33
www.excitor.com<http://www.excitor.com/> | thomas.saxtoft@excitor.com<mailto:thomas.saxtoft@excitor.com>

Follow us:  [cid:image002.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010] <http://www.facebook.com/dmebyexcitor>
 [cid:image003.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010] <http://www.twitter.com/dmebyexcitor>  [cid:image004.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010]
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2799611&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr>
This email and any attached files along with it, may contain confidential information and
is for the addressees' eyes only. The information included is not to be surrendered, released
or copied to any unauthorized persons. If you have received this communication by mistake,
please notify us immediately by telephone: +45 7021 6800 or by sender's email and delete this
email from your computer. Thank you.