jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marek Slama" <msl...@email.cz>
Subject RE: Remove unused version history
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:21:56 GMT
Hi,

ok I see. If version history has at least one regular version I will check
if node with UUID jrc:versionableUuid exists.
If it does not exist it is orphaned version history and I can remove it by
removing versions from it (from version history).

If version history has only root version there is now no way how to remove
it till JCR-3238 is fixed. (root version frozen node
actually does not contain any big data - we use nt:file nodes as versionable
so I am mainly concerned about saving space).
(Our old code was wrong - it created versionable nodes and deleted them
right before next update without calling checkin.
So it resulted exactly in second case.)

Thanks

Marek

Hi,
"
removing the last regular version of a version history should remove
the version history. See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134

however, there's a special case and an open issue, when only a root version
exists for a versionable node. see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
JCR-3238

regards
marcel