jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Problems getting started
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 07:06:07 GMT
hi geoff

sure... and having said that: contributions are very welcome.

if you have suggestions on how to improve jackrabbit, the
sparse docu or want to fix bugs or contribute new features
please feel free to attach patches to existing or new issues
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR
that's the easiest way to track them and any decisions once
an issue needs discussion.

the jackrabbit site is located at

the most recent source of jackrabbit including the one of
the broken populate.jsp is located at

and last but not least: in case you are interested in the
next generation content repository you find it at

if you run into troubles while creating patches or have
other development related questions that goes beyond the
users level, send them to the dev list.

On 7/5/13 1:41 AM, Geoff Capper wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying Angela.
> Would it be possible to change the first hops example to use "admin" as
> the username and password in Hop 2, which will allow the example to run
> and alleviate some confusion for new users? I'd be happy to make changes
> to the instructions if you let me know where I should send it when done.
> Regards,
> Geoff
> On 4/07/2013 10:16 PM, Angela Schreiber wrote:
>> hi
>> unfortunately this is a known issue. the example content is
>> broken since the default setup has been changed from the
>> dummy-security-setup to a regular one.
>> see
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3274
>> currently we are waiting for
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3590 (aka
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1455) to
>> be finally completed.
>> that most probably will make the example content superfluous.
>> kind regards
>> angela

View raw message