jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Capper <gcca.cap...@bigpond.com>
Subject Problems getting started
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 04:31:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have downloaded the latest stable server release, and can browse to
the repository, and can run the first hop from the first hops
instructions. From there I run into a couple of problems.

If I try to run the hop 2 example I get "Exception in thread "main"
javax.jcr.LoginException: LoginModule ignored Credentials"

Thinking maybe I missed a step that wasn't outlined in the hops, I
clicked "populate" on the web page for Jackrabbit on localhost, and get
the following:

Error while accessing the repository: LoginModule ignored Credentials
Check the configuration or use the easy setup
<http://localhost:8080/admin/> wizard.

Clicking "easy setup" gives me:

Problem accessing /admin/. Reason: NOT_FOUND

I've searched the online and the mail archives for this list and found
one post concerning the last issue from back in February 2012, which
doesn't seem to have been answered. There are a few hits on the web for
the "LoginModule ignored Credentials" issue, but the various resolutions
seem to be related to problems in the application being built to use
Jackrabbit. I'm not quite up to that stage yet, and I assume the first
hops stuff shouldn't have those sorts of issues.

Can anyone shed any light on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
Geoff