jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From durante <mdurant...@gmail.com>
Subject [clustering] Jackrabbit + JBoss + Postgresql
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:51:42 GMT
Hi,

looked for related topics before posting but couldn't find anything to so
answer my questions, which follows..

Requirement is to deploy jackrabbit on jboss 7. In addition to that I chose
to use postgres as storage, since I can't write such stuff to disk
(FileSystem storage).

Assuming everything's working fine for a single server, it's now time to set
up a cluster environment. This is where I'm stuck.

As far as I understood from documentation, each cluster node has to have
their own journal database but point at a single document store database. Is
it right?

On my master, I have set up a postgres server with two databases:
- DocumentStoreDB
- JournalDB

In the repository.xml file, all entries are set to look at DocumentStoreDB,
except for the <Cluster> block, which points at JournalDB.

On my node01 the repository.xml file is quite the same as the master's one,
difference being the cluster block, which points at the node01 postgres
instance as well as the node name.

Summarising, I have a master DB to hold content generated on any node +
journal DB, and each node having their own journal DB but pointing at
master's content DB.

Did I miss anything so far??

Problem now is that I just can't put node01 (my only node now) to work, as
JBoss complains that it cannot find the specified jndi (the master DS jndi).

I tried setting database url instead of jndi (connection url would be the
appropriate for my case), no success though.

How you guys usually implement such architecture?

Thanks in advance!