jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From crm6360 <crm6...@hotmail.com>
Subject Setting up SOAP services to run on top of jackrabbit
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 00:34:20 GMT
My company has a need to deploy a jackrabbit to a server so that multiple
clients can do the following:

1 - remotely access one or more repositories that exist on the server (e.g.
client and server on different locations within the company network)
2 - create new repositories
3-  create, modify and delete content while connected to a repository

My thoughts were to build a set of SOAP methods that would in turn call the
jackrabbit API to manage the repository content locally on the server's
machine.

I was able to get everything running in a standalone configuration (e.g. all
on one machine) but it seems that the documentation for deploying to a web
server is inconsistent or out of date, leaving me really uncertain of which
path to take.  I thought it might be as simple as deploying the jackrabbit
war to a servlet container (e.g. tomcat) and then calling the
JcrUtils.getRepository(uri) - but I can't identify a URI pattern that does
the trick so I'm thinking my approach is flawed (I've combed through a lot
of google user complaints so I think I've tried most of the approaches that
have been suggested).

I see that there are existing servlet/server components available but it's
not clear how they can be utilized, or if that makes sense for my company's
situation.

Look forward to chatting with the group and providing more specifics where
needed.

Thanks,

Chris