jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Write performance problems
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:09:23 GMT
Hi,

> Most of my nodes exist in just one version (about 90%), but because some of
> them are versioned, I need the versionable nodetype. But for all the others a
> version history is created, consuming database space and write performance.
> Why can't the version history not be created if a node is checked in?

this is mandated by the JCR specification. as soon as a node is versionable
the repository has to create a version history for the node.

> This would save space and time, if a node is versionable but not actually
> versioned. Or is there a solution for a situation like this?

yes, there is. instead of baking the versionable node type directly into
your node type hierarchy you can assign mix:versionable on demand. IIUC
most of your nodes wouldn't be versionable initially, but only assigned
the mix:versionable when you need to do a first checkin.

regards
 marcel