jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From anjan <poliset...@gmail.com>
Subject Full text indexing under OSGi environment (Sling) is not working
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 05:38:55 GMT
Hi, I am building the Apache Sling (by checking out the latest stable version
from Jenkins) successfully and deploying it in Tomcat.  Then I am connecting
to Sling using WebDAV and adding few documents (pdf, word, text file...etc).
But the full text indexing is not happening.  I can confirm this using the
Luke tool.  Only metadata(created by, mime type) is getting indexed.  As I
see it, the built Sling is using Jackrabbit 2.4.2 as the embedded
repository.  So I tried to reproduce the problem by downloading the
standalone Jackrabbit 2.4.2 jar, running it, connecting to it via WebDAV and
adding few documents.  Here the full text indexing is happening perfectly
fine (confirmed looking at the indexes using Luke).

When I use earlier version of Sling (Sling 6 war file), full text indexing
is happening fine.  In Sling 6 though, Apache Tika 0.6 is used (I believe
Jackrabbit internally uses Tika for metadata and text extraction). 
Secondly, the entire Tika is bundled as a single OSGI bundle (Core and
Parsers) in Sling 6.  But in the latest build of Sling Tika 1.0 is used and
Tika Core and Tikar Parsers are deployed as separate OSGI bundles.  I did
lot of debugging without much success.

I am not sure if this issue is related to Jackrabbit being deployed in OSGi
environment.  I already raised this issue in Sling mailing list, but wanted
to post here also to get experts' opinion.  Please advice.  'Search' is an
important feature and it's is not working.



--
View this message in context: http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Full-text-indexing-under-OSGi-environment-Sling-is-not-working-tp4658882.html
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Mime
View raw message