jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject backup
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:18:15 GMT
Aloha,

Currently in production we have been using MySQL for persistence. We now have a client that
is already running PostgreSQL. At the same time they told us however that they would actually
not mind running with the default XML persistence. However one concern remains backup. It
seems like its non trivial to do a hotbackup using XML storage, especially since there will
also be binary files (not gigantic files but maybe still small enough to store in PostgreSQL).
So it seems like it makes sense to configure Jackrabbit with PostgreSQL mostly to make backup
easier.

Correct? Or any recommendations for a hot backup strategy using XML?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
smith@pooteeweet.org