jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I am confused about where my repository actually is...
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 07:46:34 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Jay McHugh <jaydmchugh@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have it configured to store the data in a mySQL database - but for some
> reason, there appears to be a file system repository as well.
>
> When using mySQL for the repository - shouldn't everything end up in the
> database?
>
> So, to try to figure out where my data really is - what property (or
> properties) should I look for in the configuration XML files?

There are many entries in the repository.xml file (and the
workspace.xml files) that control where various bits of repository
content get stored. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html for an
overall description of the available configuration options.

The most notable of these are the <PersistenceManager> entries that
controls where the normal content (i.e. nodes and properties) of your
repository gets stored. There's one PM entry for the shared version
store under <Versioning> and another, used as the *default* for all
workspaces, under <Workspace>. The one under <Workspace> is actually
not the active configuration, only a template. See the relevant
workspace.xml files for the active configuration of each of your
workspaces. In a MySQL deployment you'd have these
<PersistenceManager> configuration entries pointing to your MySQL
database using the MySqlPersistenceManager class. See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ for more
details.

In addition there are various <FileSystem> and <SearchIndex> entries
that are used for configuring the storage locations of different bits
of repository metadata (registered namespaces, etc.) and the Lucene
search indexes. These are typically *not* stored in a database even if
the raw repository content is there.

BR,

Jukka Zitting