jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David Buchmann <da...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: Preview workflow based on workspace clone/node update
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 13:42:38 GMT
hi lars,

i met jukka last week and he explained me how this works, and actually
when you know where to look, it kind of is written in the spec:

* cloned nodes share the version history, so checkins in either
workspace go into the same history.

* when updating, jackrabbit at least is using this version history to
destroy as little information as possible. so if a field was updated in
the updating workspace but not in the one we update from, the changed
field is kept.

* jackrabbit currently checks children if they are mix:versionable and
if so, skips them. so you could model your content as versionable for
things that you do want to synchronize separately.
it should be mix:simpleVersionable instead of mix:versionable, i think
jukka created a patch for that, but this will at best come in the next
2.6 release. i *think* phpcr-odm is currently using
mix:simpleVersionable, but i could be wrong here.

cheers,david

--
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 26 422 25 11
CH-1700 Fribourg // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch