jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Webdav tutorial
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 12:36:50 GMT

equivalent to this example (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html) in webdav.
> For example, I'd like to know how to
> - create a node and put a file on it
> - create a versionable node
> - get a file from a specific version
> - add a label to a specific version
>
> I have found this article online (http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/jackrabbit-over-http/).
However it does not cover all cases I am in need of.

> In addition, I'd like to know in which cases we'd rather use Jackrabbit's SPI component.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Hadas

Well, the main point of the generic WebDAV support is to implement ...
WebDAV. So optimally, you don't need Jackrabbit-specific information.

That being said, there are of course a few restrictions/extensions that
you may need to be aware of. It would be helpful if you'd be more
specific about what you plan to do.

Getting back to your questions: you should be able to create a file node
using a standard HTTP PUT request. Did you try that already?

Best regards, Julian