jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From katsu ...@haessler.com>
Subject Webdav doPut (can't save a new item) not sucessful -- in transient mode
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 11:13:04 GMT

I have a situation where I need to use webdav to read and create new nodes
by dragging and dropping (e.g. using windows explorer). Jackrabbit is just
used to read an existing structure/DB which is saved in another application
and allow a quick and easy way to drag&drop files, which these files are to
be added to another application.

So I find that it is not necessary to save the jcr nodes. I.e. I only work
in transient. I have modified the Webdavservlet such that every time I
selected a node path from windows explorer (e.g. default/1/1.1), all nodes
will be newly created.  It worked fine when I just “read” the nodes but not
when I  “create” new nodes (e.g drag&drop files to default/1./1.1 ). What I
did is I re-create the parents nodes at doPut, however, I got an
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException: Cannot save a new item:
item.save()when the “addMemeber” method is called in doPut.

I realized that if the node is inTransient and Status_New I can’t save the
node. Actually I don’t need and don’t want to save the node.

I also tried simply commenting out "addmemeber" and just recreate all parent
nodes and then just set response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_OK); but
the drag&drop can’t be completed because I got the pop up that “the file
abc.txt is too large” error (the file is just 8kB).
Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.