jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WebDav Jackrabbit retrieve remote file content by URL
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 08:41:54 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Antonio Gioia <antonio.gioia82@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I'd like to add some "link" to files stored in a remote storage, I don't
> wont import the files present in this remote storage in my jackrabbit
> repository. So, I was thinking still to use a subtype of nt:resource node
> adding a property to store the URL (a simple string) for the remote files,
> but in this way what I can retrieve the content of the remote files?...

Do you mean retrieving the content via WebDAV, or via HTTP?

If it's WebDAV I think you'd have to proxy the whole file retrieval
protocol (PROPFIND, PROPGET, GET etc.) which is certainly possible by
customizing the Jackrabbit WebDAV server, or reimplementing the parts
that you need on something like http://milton.io/ and using that
instead of Jackrabbit's WebDAV server, if it's easier to customize.

Retrieving the files via HTTP would probably be easier, you'd just
need to implement a servlet that maps incoming URLs to JCR nodes,
checking if the addressed node is a local or remote file, and
serving/proxying the content accordingly. In that case you might not
even need a specific node type, you could use nt:unstructured with a
remoteFileURL property, at least initially.

-Bertrand